The Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF) needs no introduction to most people around the world. Touted as the biggest shopping festival in the world, the DSF is a haven for the senses and of course, the pocket too. Started in 1996, this shopping festival has become bigger and grander with every passing year. It has also become one of the major reasons for visiting Dubai. While great deals and discounts on various merchandise is the main reason that people from all over the world visit the DSF, it is not the only thing. The Dubai Shopping Festival celebrates life itself and there is something for everybody to look forward to. If you are planning to visit Dubai during the shopping festival, here are all the details that you should know about the DSF.
1.When is Dubai Shopping Festival Held?
The DSF is a month-long festival that is usually held in the first month of the year. The festival usually starts in the last week of December and continues till the last week of January. As it coincides with New Year, the celebrations are doubled. December and January are also the best time to visit Dubai as the climate is cooler than the rest of the months. So, it is also the perfect time to holiday in Dubai even if you do not want to shop. But with the amazing deals and discounts on offer, no one can really resist the DSF.
2.Where is the Dubai Shopping Festival held?
The DSF cannot be restricted to a particular place or mall. In fact, the entire city takes part in this amazing shopping extravaganza. Right from the huge malls to the souks and the local markets, every store owner participates in the DSF. Some of the places you must shop during the festival include Global Village, Gold Souk, Dubai Mall, Mall of the Emirates, Dubai World Trade Centre, Wafi Mall, night Souk, Dubai Festival City, Paris Gallery, AlSeef Street, Dubai Duty Free, IBN Battuta Mall, etc.
3.What to Expect at Dubai Shopping Festival 2019?
Dubai becomes a shopper’s paradise during the DSF. Wherever you go, you would be offered discounts up to 75% and on rare occasions, even 90%. If a store does not offer any discount, there would be some combo deals and even surprise gifts with every purchase. In short, there is lot in store for every shopper in Dubai during this time of the year.
Apart from shopping, Dubai is full of fun and entertainment activities during the shopping month. The fireworks on the first day of the shopping festival is marvellous and something that you should not miss. Other than this, there are fashion shows, street carnivals, flash mobs, street shows, light shows, live concerts and events to look forward to. You would also be able to meet celebrities from all over the world. Anytime during the day or night, there will be something to see and do in Dubai during the shopping festival. There are special shows and entertainment programs for the kids too. So, your kids would not have to get bored when you shop to your heart’s content.
While the deals and discounts offered would make anyone happy, the lucky ones can also win amazing prices during the DSF. Several Raffles happen during the shopping festival and you can win anything from money to gold and luxury cars.
This is also a great time for those who love food. You would get to enjoy different cuisines from all around the world. Right from the traditional Arabic cuisine to food from every continent, it would surely be a culinary treat. Apart from the restaurants, you would be able to delicious food at food stalls and street markets too.
4.Things to Shop at Dubai Shopping Festival 2019
With the discounts on merchandise raising up to 75%, it is imperative to lose yourselves in some retail therapy. Here are some of the things that you can buy at great prices during the Dubai Shopping Festival.
- Gold is relatively at a low price during the shopping festival. It is a great time to invest in some gold jewellery. With prices so cheap, you can get some gold jewellery as gifts for your family and close friends back home.
- Clothes from every international label can be found at great prices in Dubai during the shopping festival. Apart from getting what you need right now, it is also a good time to shop for the wedding or party you have to attend. Your dream outfits would be available at unbelievable prices.
- Love perfumes and cosmetics? But do not want to spend thousands of bucks on the same? Visit Dubai during the DSF and buy branded perfumes and cosmetics duty free.
- You would find the best leather bags and other goods in Dubai and that too at really affordable prices.
- Dubai is a great place to buy gadgets as the prices are cheaper than the rest of the world. So, if you want to update your phone or any other gadget, this is surely the best time.
- If you want to take something that would remind you of this marvellous city of Dubai, do buy some aromatic spices and dry fruits before you return to your home country.
5.Tips for Dubai Shopping Festival 2019
When it comes to the Dubai Shopping Festival, the entire city is a shopping centre. But to make the most of it and have a comfortable experience, there are some tips that you need to know.
- Always make a list of things you need to buy. With so much on display and such amazing offers, it is easy to get side-tracked. But with a list, you not only save time but also make sure that you do not waste money.
- If you are a first time visitor, you may be confused about where to go and what to buy. In such cases, it is best to take the advice of the locals who would be happy to help. But if you are not comfortable with it, you should appoint a shopping guide during your Dubai visit.
- Do your research well before you embark on your shopping journey. It would also be useful to download the Dubai Shopping Festival mobile app where you get the latest updates and everything you need to know about the festival.
- The malls and markets would be teeming with people all day along. To make sure that you escape the crowd, start shopping as early as possible. Yes, you are on a holiday but if you want to make sure that you do not want to miss out on that perfect dress or shoes, rise early and reach the store as soon as it is open.
- It would be prudent to book your tickets and hotel room months before the DSF. The rates of air-tickets and accommodation shoot up during the festival and hence book early to save money. Several tour agents also offer great tour packages that allow you to sightsee while enjoying the shopping festival.
When it comes to the Dubai Shopping Festival, the possibilities are endless and every year there is something new to look forward to. With the next Dubai Shopping Festival 2019 just a few months ahead, isn’t it time to start planning?